Milton is a small and quaint town in the Norfolk County of Massachusetts with a rich history and origins in the colonial 17th century. Though few properties from its origins remain, many homes in this town have a long history of their own – some originally built over 100 years ago! Indoor residential plumbing also has its own history, with many homes originally getting plumbing installed over 50 years ago.
Boston Drain Company has over 30 years of experience providing quality, affordable plumbing to Milton, MA residents and homeowners for properties both large and small. Whether you live in a brand new property with the highest quality plumbing installed or you live in a century old home with out-of-date plumbing, our sewer and drain experts here at Boston Drain Company are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide a fast & efficient solution to all your plumbing problems. We’re devoted to being the best plumbing company for fast, 24 hr emergency plumbing service so, there’s always a Boston Drain Company sewer and drain expert available on call and strategically placed in Milton, MA to reach you fast in the case of a plumbing emergency.
Though we encourage you to contact us for annual maintenance, preventative maintenance, and other routine plumbing checks, we offer these simple household plumbing tips so you can avoid a costly and inconvenient plumbing disaster later down the line.
Kitchen Plumbing Tips for Milton, MA Homes
- Dispose of grease and oil in the trash once it’s had a chance to cool to prevent kitchen sink clogs
- Run cold water down the drain for 15 seconds before and after using the garbage disposal to clear waste from your sink drain
- Clean your dishwasher frequently and thoroughly to prevent contamination of your water line and clogs in your drains
Bathroom Plumbing Tips for Milton, MA Homes
- Fit showers and tubs with strainers to catch hair, dirt, and soap. Pipes, especially old and out-of-date plumbing commonly found in old homes, are susceptible to severe clogging
- Run hot water down your bathroom sink weekly to clear any dirt, toothpaste, soap or other agents that could clog your drain
- Repair leaky faucets, fixtures, and pipes to avoid potential water damage and a costly water bill.
Outdoor Plumbing Tips for Milton, MA Homes
- If you live in home that uses a septic tank system, be sure to have your tank pumped and inspected every 3-5 years to avoid back flow of sewage, clogs, leaks and other forms of septic and underground plumbing failure
- Clean leaves, sticks, seeds, dirt, and other debris from gutters, downspouts, and french drains to ensure rainwater can be removed easily.
- If using a drain-waste-vent system, remove debris from plumbing vent pipes so water can properly flow in and waste can properly flow out of your home.
Be sure to keep Boston Drain Company in mind for all the plumbing needs of your Milton, MA home!